Saturday, November 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

Jim has been keeping up my blog, and yes I am home! I came home with two IV meds that I had to continue. One I am already finished with, the other IV will be finished by the end of the week, and then I'll have more flexibility with out being attached to an IV pole.

We have had great in home nursing help. I have a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) coming twice a week to help me with my shower, a physical therapist who comes three times a week, an occupational therapist who comes a few times a week, and an RN that comes on Mondays to draw my blood. I also have regular oncologist appointments every other week.

I was in the hospital so long this time (90+ days), and in bed most of that time, that I've lost my ability to walk, but do OK with a walker. My goal is to walk unassisted and to even climb up and down the stairs by myself.

Being home is wonderful. I get to sleep in my queen-sized bed with my husband, Jim! (Two people don't fit in a hospital bed...we tried that.) I don't have to eat hospital food (Jim is a great cook and our friends have generously made meals for us).

8 comments:

  1. Yeah!! So good to read your great progress report. Love you, sis! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear the good news, Denise. We sure miss you guys! Praying for you daily....

    - Jessica Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you so much! Now you can have your oatmeal waffles!! Be sure and make some of your chocolate chip cookies when Mom is there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home Denise! And in time for Christmas too!!

    ~ Brad & Maryanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's no place like home! 'am very happy for you to get the good news--that's a great Thanksgiving! Blessings, Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. We rejoice with you in returning to your home!
    Pam and I are continue to hold both you and Jim in our thoughts and prayers.

    --Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad for you! Welcome home Denise!
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you, Denise! We miss you and Jim so much. We are praying for you. love, Susan and Kent

    ReplyDelete