Sunday, March 28, 2010

Seven Months Post Transplant --- Good News!

I had another routine appointment with my oncologist last week. My doctor gave me quite a bit of good news! All my blood counts are stable and getting stronger. I'm allowed to drive again, (I haven't driven for 15 months), fly again, I don't have to wear a mask when I'm in large crowds or at the hospital, I'm in the window now where it is less and less likely that the Epstein Barr Virus will return and trigger another occurrence of lymphoma, and at 18 months to 2 years post transplant, the doctor will start using the "cure" word!

Also, he gave me permission to go back to work. I have an interview tomorrow at Fuller Seminary where I worked before I got sick. My previous position opened up again (with some additional responsibilities in marketing). The work atmosphere at Fuller is absolutely wonderful, and I love to be around students. (I graduated from Fuller Seminary in 2006 with a Master of Arts in Theology.)

All of this good news is pretty amazing considering twice last year the doctor didn't think that I would live. Thanks to all of you who prayed for my recovery. God is good!

P.S. My hair is coming back...curly!

8 comments:

  1. Love you, Denise! xoxo, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for such an encouraging update! You are so, so often in my thoughts and I had just checked your blog a couple of days ago for an update. I miss you, sweet friend. Still praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Denise, i couldn't control my joy as I read your latest update. Tears are streaming down my cheeks. Now, you are better and you will get to really grandmother Jenna, Sophie and Rachel. I just am so glad that you will share in this most wonderful joy of being a grandmother. All I can say is that I praise the Lord for his plan for your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing testament of God's incredible miracles and His amazing grace! So glad to share in your joy at your continued healing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic news, Denise! So glad to hear it, and will pray for continued full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo Hoo! Such good news! I'm praising God with you and will continue to lift you in prayer for complete healing.
    Love, Marci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God! He is our healer and we are just thrilled at your news. You continue to be in our prayers! We look forward with great anticipation to the next miraculous milestone -- that "c" word!!

    Laura and Brian

    ReplyDelete