Monday, May 11, 2009

Gidddy Up!

My oncologist has ordered both physical and occupational therapy to speed my recovery. In the beginning before my brain biopsy when I didn't know that I had Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma (driven by the Epstein Barr virus), I would loose my balance and fall routinely. So now I work three times a week with both a physical therapist and an occupational therapist who come to my home.

The physical therapy has been the most difficult for me. I still have problems walking without loosing my balance and I can't squat without falling over. The physical therapist suggested that I get a cane (but I'm determined not to need one). :-)

3 comments:

  1. There is a research study showing the benefits of moderate to intense exercise for people with cancer. There is a significant relationship between exercise and better health and wellness.
    Like I tell my clients...better to use a cane than fall and break...but I have to admit I don't always listen to my doctor...he told me to stop teaching water aerobics yet I continue to teach approximately 12 classes a week. God is good.
    He tills the earth to break new ground. Break new ground, Denise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those mean old physical therapists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you. Maybe a very colorful cane. In Texas they even have them with rhinestones. I saw a lady at the hairdresser yesterday who was recovering from a broken foot. She looked pretty adorable.

    ReplyDelete