Monday, June 1, 2009

AWOL

Sorry that I haven't posted anything for a few weeks. I had chemo for 6 days, and then came home for a few days to rest and then I went back up to the hospital (160 miles round trip) for a support group meeting for people who have lymphoma in the brain like me. I go to the local hospital to get labs drawn 3 mornings a week, and a dressing change on Monday. I have physical therapy twice a week and a nap every afternoon (2-hours). This new schedule has been busier than I expected.

Also, I was kind of bummed about my entire situation. It's difficult to be cheerful when I really can't go anywhere (I'm not allowed to drive yet.) If my white count is really low I have to wear a mask to keep any little germies from invading my body so that I don't get sick.

But, I've been doing alot of reading, mostly Anne Lamott books and an collection of stories by Flannery O'Connor which has been delightful.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for Flannery O'Connor! I read "Revelation" to my NT2 course on Saturday. I've also been working my way through her letters. Some real gems in there!

    Stay strong, Denise, we're all pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daniel. Is "Revelation" a short story? What is the name of the collection it is in?
    Denise

    ReplyDelete