Thursday, June 11, 2009

Same-o-same-o

Jim and I returned from the hospital last Sunday evening in time for church (yeah!). Usually I have to stay in the hospital for chemo for one day, and then stay for another 5-7 days to"wash" the IV chemo drug from my system. The idea behind this is that the chemo drug is only supposed to be in my body for a certain numbers of hours. Otherwise it's toxic.

We go back up to Denver for a clinic appointment with my doctor in a few weeks who will tell us what the "plan" ahead will be for the rest of my treatment. There may be more chemo, antiviral meds to kill off the EBV virus and maybe a stem cell transplant. Since January we've been driving up to the University Hospital in Denver, staying a few days for chemo, and then coming back home...same-o-same-o.

1 comment: