Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fear and Trembling

I will be admitted to the hospital for 3-4 week stay for a stem cell transplant on Monday. There I'll have three different types of chemotherapy over 8 days, then a day of rest and then my transplant on August 18. The chemo is harsher than any that I have received so far, so the side effects are expected to be equally as harsh.

For stem cell transplants, there is a descending count down...chemo starts on day 8 and runs through day 0 which will be transplant day (and essentially a new birthday and lease on life). Transplant day is actually day is fairly anticlimactic. Basically, it's like a blood transfusion. Then, the hope is that the stem cells will engraft in my bone marrow within 10-14 days and begin cranking out new cells.

I've been waking up several nights every night since last Monday. I've been very anxious, which I suppose is expected, but I feel that fear even during the day now. I would appreciate your fervent prayers on my behalf.

9 comments:

  1. Let God, not fear, be your constant companion. Love ya, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for God's grace for you and Jim throughout this nasty episode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus, come. Battle the fear for Denise. Replace it with Truth, Light and Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give your fear to Jesus! Will be praying for you and the family. Love You, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love you so much and will be praying for peace and sticky stem cells.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise, I am praying with you and all the saints for strength, courage, and peace at a most difficult time. May the peace that surpasses all understanding guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. Love you and am trusting that God has already answered our prayers for a successful stem cell transplant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise, we're praying for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm praying, Denise. I love and miss you, Staci.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise, May our Loving Father be with you and grant you peace and healing. You have been in my prayers daily and I will not stop. Know that our Lord Jesus is right there with you and always has been. Listen to praise songs and it will make satan flee. and calm you down.
    Love,
    Sheri Barnes

    ReplyDelete