Monday, February 9, 2009

As the Stomach Churns

Somehow I expected to be free from any nausea this far in the game since I didn't have any problem during the first week of chemo last time. However, the sick-to-my-stomach feeling has hit me in full force the past two days. The oncologists have some great meds for such occasions, but most put you to sleep as well as stop the nausea. I suppose that's not a bad combination. However, life goes by entirely too quickly in that mode. I've learned through this experience that life, husband, family (and my dog) are extremely precious to me.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Denise,you are still in my prayers. I got over my stomach virus only to have it hit four in our family,inc me 2 days later.So, sorry I still haven't made it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise and Jim, Continuing to pray for you. I was talking a friend this morning in my spinning class, her good friends husband has brain cancer, for the 2nd time after being cancer free for 12 years, he's a Christian and writes music, I thought of you. He has lots of info on his site of his journey, I thought might be encouraging and helpful for you. His web address is davidmbailey.com Lori Metheny

    ReplyDelete