Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hairballs

I knew it would come to this: hairballs. Hair fell out on my pillow at night leaving bare spots on my scalp and hair in my mouth. I was like a cat coughing up hairballs...(ack, ack, ack...here it comes...gack-k-k-k).







I could run my fingers through my hair and clumps would fall out. I looked like a fluffy dandelion ready to have all of its seeds blown away.




Time to make the strike. The oncology department has a special tool they use for occasions like this...hair clippers!











I had prepared for this moment at least physically by purchasing a wig in advance. However, I wasn't prepared emotionally.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Denise! I found your blog on internet and you really make me think a lot. I admire the strength and will that you have.
    I am a 20-years old girl from Argentina, South America, and I wish that you can (and I really think you will) go through this and continue with your life.
    Please be strong!
    A big hug from Argentina.
    Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Virginia! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm really encouraged that you find it interesting and thought provoking. Have you had an experience with cancer? Thanks for the hug and warm wishes from Argentina!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sis--Good thing you have a very pretty head, huh. You know that runs in the family. Good genes, I guess. You are beautiful with or without hair. Love and miss you tons. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice on the wig. It's a really good styule on you. Just think of the time you are going to save doing your hair! No more pin curls and clips. :) We love you and miss you.
    Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look marvelous darling!!!! I love the wig! hugs, love and prayers to you and Jim!

    love tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise: I'm so glad I found you on facebook, and sorry to find you in the midst of chemo. That beautiful hair! I'm glad though that I can join your family and friends in praying for strength, perseverence and restored health.
    My love--your world travel partner in Jesus!
    Sandy Clem

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise,
    I have to admit I got a pit in my stomach just seeing your pictures. Your wig is just adorable. But still...... I have always loved Job 23 :10 An when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold. You are truely golden my dear friend. Cindy

    ReplyDelete