Saturday, February 14, 2009

Home...for now

We're home from the hospital for a week or so until the next round of chemo starts (when I'll be an inpatient at the hospital again.) While I'm home I'm receiving antiviral chemo. A home health nurse came to the house this morning and taught Jim how to set up my chemo. I wear a backpack with the bag of medication and a pump that sends the chemo into my "PICC line" in my arm for 4 hours twice a day. The nurse also draws labs every day. At least I'm mobile and don't have to be in the hospital to receive my chemo.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...you definitely have a gift for looking at the sunny side of things! I am definitely thankful for the gift of life, and hospitals, and treatment...but I'm still sorry you're sick! much love Sandy Clem (your fellow Holy Land traveller ;)

    ReplyDelete