Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happy Doctor, Happy Patient

If my doctor could, he would have jumped up and down with the news he was about to give me this morning. His treatment plan for me was working! There was a period of time the end of February and the first part of March that my husband, Jim, and my doctor didn't think that I would survive.

But now my recent MRI shows that the swelling in my brain is down by 90%, my spinal fluid showed that my white blood count, my protein level, and the activity of the Epstein Barr Virus in my spinal cord have decreased. The lesions have decreased by 25%, are paper thin and not likely to be active. However, I still have a large lesion on the top of my brain that controls memory, so my short term memory will be the last thing to recover.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Yahoo! Praise the Lord and pass the chocolate! Jumping up and down as I type! Love you, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci S. WaldvogelApril 29, 2009 at 2:36 PM

    This is great news!!!! Denise, I am so happy to hear this and I am still praying. I miss you! Love, Staci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God! How wonderful! We are THRILLED for you! Still praying! Laura and Brian C

    ReplyDelete