Saturday, April 25, 2009

Miss Congeniality

There was a two month period beginning in mid January where I was just totally oblivious to what was going on around me. I was hospitalized all but 15 days, from January 12 to April 14 . I was worried that during that time I had been unkind or hard to get along with. I am happy to report that my family, who had stayed with me during that time, and the nurses that were caring for me, described me as happy, content and kind. My memory was incomplete though and I told stories of where I had lived (but I hadn't lived there) and I described our kids as small children, when in fact they are grown with children of their own.

By mid-March though there was a noticeable improvement in my balance, strength, and coordination. Jim was very encouraged.

We're hospitalized now for round #7 of my chemotherapy. I will probably have a total of 10 cycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment