Monday, January 26, 2009

Ice Packs, Pits, and Pneumonia

I'm back in the hospital. The chemo knocked out my immune system and I started running a high fever so they admitted me to find out what's causing it. The nurses around here have a surefire way of bringing a high fever down. They fill soft, cottony-like bags with ICE CUBES and place them under your armpits and on your groin until your fever breaks. Last night in the middle of the night my fever of 104 degrees finally broke. That's the good news, the bad news is that I have pneumonia.

However, I did have an exciting time when the ice cube bag that was placed on my groin to cool the blood to my legs...BROKE! I jumped up out of bed (as well as I could, as I still was attached to Wally.) (Sorry, but Wa-a-a-l-l-ee will have to wait until another post). My sister was laughing hysterically and called the nurse to change the linens.

I hope that my temperature stays down :-).

2 comments:

  1. glad your fever broke...we missed you Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God your fever broke! How are you going to have time to read all those books you want to read if you are running 104 temp? I am glad your family is coming to your rescue. The IC family will be there as well...when you call. Love, hugs and prayers...tina

    ReplyDelete