Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tiredness and Memory Problems

One of the side effects of chemo is tiredness. The tiredness has hit me full force and I can hardly get out of bed to go to work.

Also, the loss of short term memory is a problem. I have to write things down, and even then will have problems with short term memory. Also the loss of short term memory is a problem. Did you know that short term memory loss is a side effect of chemo? It is and I'm having some problems. What was your name again?

2 comments:

  1. Howdy
    I can picture Jaimie, Kimothy, Sharon and Julie clustered around your bed, exuding love. You are blessed to have such a family.

    Short-term memory loss is a pain in the biscuits. I have a small journal where I write down everything and piles of index cards for story ideas, books I'd like to read and music I'd like to hear. And I have a house checklist--is the stove off? door locked? dogs in?--which helps.

    My doc had a consult with a neurologist about the results of my latest MRI--turns out the new damage was likely caused by my migraines. While I'm upset to learn I have more brain damage, I'm also glad to finally have concrete proof of my illness--the government loves that concrete proof.

    I send you peace and gumption in equal measure.
    Cousin Tamra

    ReplyDelete