Friday, January 2, 2009

The Wig

I'm going to lose my naturally curly blond hair because of chemotherapy, so Jim and I went shopping today for a wig to cover my up and coming bald head with the 6 inch scar on the back of my scalp from the brain biopsy. We found a nice wig in a classy style that is the same color and length as my own hair, but is straight and not curly. It's very unnerving to look in the mirror at myself with a different hair style knowing that under the wig is the evidence of the insidious cancer that has riddled my brain.

4 comments:

  1. I want to see a picture. I'm sure you will look as beautiful as ever. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that last comment was from Corrie. My mom was signed on to my computer. I'm sure she would agree though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. What a shock! I'm going to add your blog to my Google Reader so I can stay in the loop. We love you!

    Jess and Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for letting me know. I will be praying for both of you during this journey. You know where to find me if you want to talk.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete