Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tests

It's been a long week. On Thursday, January 8, I had what seemed like a zillion tests at the University of Colorado Hospital in Denver. The worst was the bone marrow biopsy where the doctor uses a hand held device that looks somewhat like a a tool that you would use to remove a cork from a wine bottle. Dr. Myint said I had strong bones which meant that he had to press and twist the device even harder to get into the bone to remove the marrow. He said that it was OK to scream.

Once all the test results are back, my doctor will "stage" the cancer and tell me if there is any other involvement of the cancer in other parts of my body besides my brain. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. So did you scream? That sounds brutal! I guess your journey is starting at the base of a big, jagged mountain. At lease there should be a great view from the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise,
    I'm so glad I could be in the room with you during the bone marrow. I'm thankful that your doctor was really good and even though he told you that you could yell if you like that you didn't feel anything except some pressure. That was a hard day for you because you had to get so many tests done. You do have tough bones though!! Know we are praying for you. love, your sister, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Denise,
    Dear Denise,
    The Sisters of Mary in Omaha have added your name to their daily prayers. Their patron saint is St. Peregrine , the Cancer Saint, who survived cancer because his faith and trust in God . Our thoughts and prayers are with you during all this ordeal. May God Bless and keep you in the palm of his hands.
    Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete