Sunday, January 4, 2009

In the Beginning

It all began the third week in November when I started falling. I had short term memory loss and would get lost driving even on the most routine routes. I would put things away in the wrong places, something totally uncharacteristic of me. I would get confused easily.

I saw my primary care physician who ordered an MRI and set up an appointment with a neurologist. The MRI was on a Monday, December 15, 2008. My doctor called on Tuesday and said that the MRI was abnormal. My neurology appointment was on Wednesday, December 17. The neurologist took one look at the MRI and sent me by ambulance to the University of Colorado Hospital in Denver. I had four lesions/masses on my brain. The neurosurgeons there performed a 4 hour brain biopsy on December 19. I have a pretty 6 inch scar on the back of my head to prove it.















It's only been five weeks from the onset of the symptoms and my entire world has changed. I face 6 rounds of inpatient chemotherapy followed by a stem cell transplant. This is not going to be fun.

8 comments:

  1. Not fun at all. But know that your family is behind you 100%, praying for and loving you every step of the way. Love, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! We were wondering how things went down. What a whirlwind! We'll be praying fiercely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Cousin Denise,
    I have precious memories of when we were children, you were always so kind, so much fun to be with, I loved you. Still do and will keep you in my prayers daily, hourly. I wish you well, and restored health, as well as comfort along the way. I leave you now with powerful words found in God's Word: "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all." Psalm 34:19 Much love and prayers, Lisa Barnes Newman

    ReplyDelete
  4. We prayed for you tonight at church! I pray that our God shows his might through healing you in a miraculous way! We love you.
    The Devlins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise,
    Our prayers are with you. God can do more than what we can even comprehend. Lifting you up to an Almighty God. Lori Metheny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise, I am sitting in Sean's living room praying for you. Oh, my heart just aches for you. I know that it does now look like courage from your vantage point, but it does from ours. Your journey of hope will give us all hope and the reality of trusting on nothing less than Christ and his faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you so very much Denise. I wish I could somehow take away the pain and worry. You and Jim are constantly in my prayers. So glad you're my sister.
    Love, Julie Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our hopes and prayers are with you and your family Denise!

    ReplyDelete